Tuesday, January 27, 2009

El Diablo Guapo!

The Handsome Devil. That is the name of the cat my mom got last night. We did end up rescuing the cat that was dumped off at the Vet in North Minneapolis. He's a very large cat (14-15 pounds or so) with a beautiful coat of black and tawny brown-gray. His meow is very deep, slightly haggard but confident. We introduced him to Buddy (my black lab) and Diablo hardly acknowledged him, just sniffed him and kept walking, tail held proudly. Buddy just didn't know what to think of this fearless cat so he followed him around the house, pointing as though he were on the hunt. Diablo started to get a little agitated though and made his feelings known when it got a little crowded when the girl kitties came to investigate. When I dropped mom and Diablo at my mom's place, I watched him get the lay of the land. He hesitated quite a bit because my mother didn't do a very good job cleaning her apartment after fonz died. So Diablo clearly thought there was another cat around. poor guy.

I'm going to visit him today after I get off work and see how he's doing. Mom says she might end up taking him back because he's being anti-social...He's a cat! good lord, what does she expect! Poor guy, who knows what he's been through up until now. I'd be anti-social too! He just needs some time to get used to my mom and her place...*sigh* He is indeed a handsome devil though.



And as far as art goes...I have a lot to update now that I have my computer back. I will take care of that tonight when I get home and get some homework done. For now, it is time to start class...toodles!

No comments: