Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6

Okay, day 6 is going to be part one of a 2 part drawing. I don't know why but earlier today at work we were talking about 2012 and the end of days that everyone thinks is going to happen. oddly enough I was the only one slightly excited that something like this would happen in my life time. sure it will suck when it finally comes if it does actually come. but I mean, how many people will be able to say they lived during the apocalypse? I'm weird though...anyway, so I started reading about the Mayan calendar and I came across this fancy guy named Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent god. so I used a photo reference I taken from a mayan temple and came up with something pretty cool I think...here you go



clearly it isn't done yet but that's where part two comes in. I want to do some fancy color work but I want to do it when I have some more energy and can do some research on mayan colors that would look good. I'm planning on using gouache on this one. so look out for this in color tomorrow! yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was there! hehe

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Loverly...I want my own quetzy...