Sunday, December 14, 2008

The sweet taste of freedom

The semester is over and my schedule is a bit more open, only to be filled with work to earn some more money! haha so much for a break right?

Updates on artwork wise...Three main projects for the break...

1. Design a Tattoo for my friend Logan. Basically it's going to be a pentacle made up of puzzle pieces with the various colors of the elements integrated somehow.

2. Design the applique centerpiece for a quilt my aunt wants to make, based off of a hotel sign for the Hotel Gatto Bianco, we saw while we were on the Island of Capri, Italy.

3. Design a banner for my boyfriend's WoW Guild's Website/forum.

Along with those projects, I'm also aiming to find an internship for spring semester and apply for a study abroad internship in Denmark for the Fall of 09.

Those are my major goals for the break...along with many other smaller ones like work full time hours, buy Rosetta Stone: Danish, clean and organize my studio, clean the house, shovel driveway, move stuff in the garage so a car can fit inside...and then all the christmas related things. I need to remember to make some christmas gifts for people...*sigh* too much! well Hopefully I'll be able to post some progress soon...

This afternoon we went to the Illuminations concert with the Twin Cities Women's Choir. It was absolutely beautiful but more importantly it was inspirational, if in a round about way. One of the songs was called "Ancient Mother" and a small group of women chanted the names of various Goddesses from all cultural backgrounds. the rest of the choir sang the rest of the song. While I was listening I thought about drawing some of the goddesses, particularly Kali, Artemis and Athena. This, for some reason, reminded me of someone I met online, they made it a point to draw something every day. With the New Year coming up, I wondered if I could give it a shot. so that'll be my "new year's resolution" if you will...starting this week...possibly tonight if I come up with something...I'm also going to try and participate in the "Illustration Friday" thing that goes on online every week. so, good deal right? This goal should help kick my drawing skill back into shape.

Speaking of back into shape...that's something I need to do...but our Snap Fitness thing is out for now...gotta fix that...cause I is starting to pack it on a bit...

okay, back to work...

No comments: