Monday, December 15, 2008

busy busy day

today was a lovely day full of relaxed being busy. I mean to say that although I kept myself busy and got a lot done, none of it HAD TO BE DONE THIS INSTANT OR THE WORLD WILL END!!! and let me tell you, that felt good.

After work, boyfriend and I ran over to good old N'dale to drop off his orders and start signing up for spring semester. The highlight of this venture was me running into my counselor from when I went to N'dale. Although I couldn't initially remember her name, I saw her as she was walking around the academics office and I pounced on her. We had a great time catching up and it felt so good to see that she still had the artwork I gave her up on her wall. It was awesome being able to catch up with her, she was one of the few people that really made going to N'dale such a positive experience in a somewhat dark part of my life.

After running more errands, Bryce and I went to MOA to meet up with my dad. Dad got me my Christmas present a little early...because I gave the subtle hint that I wanted Rosetta Stone Level 1 Danish for when I study abroad in Denmark...so about $210 later (none of it out of my poor college student pocket) I now have Rosetta Stone on my computer!!! yay! I just got done playing with it and I'm quite satisfied with how the program works. Although I have to say, if it weren't for the fact that I'm planning on studying in Denmark, I would not have picked up Danish...more like Japanese or German...but Danish is certainly an interesting challenge!

Sadly I don't have a drawing for you today...although I do have the illustration for "Illustration Friday" in the works and it will likely be done tomorrow...I think my biggest goal for the time being will be to work on a drawing every day, not necessarily finish a drawing a day...Until we get to the New Year...then I want to finish a drawing a day...sounds reasonable...now hold me accountable!...all one or two of my readers...(thank you amber and debbie) (if I have more readers you should make yourselves known to me...it's good to know people are out there reading what I have to say...)

okay, now I think I'm going to watch more of my movie and work on the illustration! Goodnight all!