Monday, December 22, 2008

illustrated gifts

So rather than buy presents this year I'm trying to make as many gifts as possible...cause i have no money...but I'm also halfway decent with a pen/brush and ink/paint...currently working on two illustrations for a couple of coworkers at goodybead. The first one I finished is of Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the Hunt/Moon. I'm super happy with it... here is the finished pic...



the second one is still in progress...it is Athena, favorite of Zeus and Goddess of War!



Earlier today after I got off work I ran to Blick to get some much needed supplies. While I was there I found a ginormous art crate that actually fits all of my art stuff (minus my acrylic paint gear but who actually wants to carry that around all the time...) so here's a pic of the new crate all moved into and glorious!



and of course, while I'm working on all these cool things I get really into it so I tend to stand up at the exciting parts...then Sleven steals my chair...but she's sooooo cute!!!



And since I'm working so hard on this I thought I'd post a pic of my work space so you can all picture me working feverishly...



Please note the adorable army boyfriend bear on the right and the cute little glass frog lamp on the left...Good times...

well it's 1:34am and I should be in bed since I work tomorrow morning...but Athena is not done yet!!! and I should give it to Barb tomorrow!!! curses!!! sleep wins!

No comments: