Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frustrations

Hello all,

I need to vent and no one is home to listen so the world is the unlucky one. or perhaps my computer is more unlucky to be the one I'm pounding away my frustrations at. *sigh*

So for my Visualizing Physics class our final is to break out into groups of three and chose one of four topics, Quantum Mechanics, Theory of Relativity, Dark Matter and Energy and String Theory. My group went with String Theory, which is awesome. Even better, we decided to make a children's book explaining it! and as if it couldn't get any better it did when we decided to give it an Alice in Wonderland theme...pretty darn awesome up to this point... My first mistake was volunteering to be the project manager... I personally love this job, but not with who I'm working with. Well, there's a ton of other BS that I'm not going to get into because it's just drama and only raises my blood pressure because I let someone get to me...

The issue I'm having today is that no one did what they were supposed to do...well, I did, but partner #1 was supposed to do character sketches for Alice, the Red Queen, the Caterpillar and the White Rabbit while I did sketches of Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter and March Hare. Partner #2 was going to write up the rough draft of the story based on the outline I wrote last week...she didn't even show up to class...so I have nothing to go on for the Illustrations I'm supposed to be starting over break...then to add to that, Partner #1 was going to be the character artist while I did the backgrounds, then today she's like, "I think I'll just do the layouts when the drawings are done"...oh really? huh, thanks for the heads up...Now I get to do both...ack...well, that's fine for the most part anyway since apparently she can't physically draw to begin with...good to know...

This is why I hate group work...no one follows through. We aren't in high school anymore, people should care and grow up and get their stuff done! When do I get to work with people who care about the good of their group and actually want to succeed in the goals? ever? please?

At anyrate... I think I'm going to unwind by drawing a lot of character sketches since as of now we're behind. Later tonight is the Creating Context Bachelor of Science Visualization Gallery Opening shindig that I have work up in. I'm excited. I hope boyfriend get's home in time to go with me...

*dies*

1 comment:

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

You will do it better than her anyway...go to it kid...