Thursday, April 23, 2009

an interesting find

So it's finals time...yaaaaaay...

*sigh*

I obviously am simply trying to distract myself from the many tasks at hand by blogging at the moment, but I wanted to share a new site that I've come across that I think deserves more attention...

http://watchingamerica.com/News/

Basically it's a website that translates and provides news to Americans (in English), about the U.S. written by and for other countries (typically in other languages). I think their approach is important and provides a viewpoint that's all too often overlooked by mainstream media. As Americans I think it's easy for us to live happily in our little bubble, and all too easy to forget about the world around us and what they think of what we're doing. But just browsing through this site was terribly interesting and fun.

Go look at it and ponder the change of viewpoint and how it makes you feel...kinda fun.

Okay really...back to work...I promise...

1 comment:

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

You are right...interesting. Thanks for pointing this out.