Thursday, May 7, 2009

End of Finals (just about)

well kids, I'm just about done with my Junior year here at the MCAD. it's a little surreal thinking that next year I'll be graduating and entering yet another chapter in my life. It feels like it was just yesterday that I graduated High School and started going to Normandale...and here I am at MCAD doing what I always knew I wanted to be doing.

The walls at MCAD are loaded with the Senior Projects, it's really exciting to see all the work and their business cards. It all looks and feel so professional and high quality. Thrilling and frightening that I'll be scrambling next year just like they were. I'm not quite sure what Senior year is like for BS kids but it will be no joke for sure.

I'm starting to ponder what I want to do over the summer. I certainly don't want to slack off and think that it's a break or anything. Summer is just like any time of the year really, just more sun, warmer temps and no homework. I still have a job to work, an internship to complete as well as an externship to set up. I talked to one of my instructors today about jumping on a project that he's organizing for USBank that sounds super super exciting. It's totally volunteer based and no internship credit can be given so that kinda sucks...but it's a low time commitment portfolio and networking potential that sounds like a ton of fun! There's also working on my website that I completed last semester for Portfolio.net that I never purchased the url or server space...that's at least $100 I don't have at the moment... I almost want to totally revamp it because I don't think it portrays enough of my current work and ability. so I get to review coding again and I think that's pretty exciting! Ideally I'll pick up the drawing a day thing again because I totally lost track of that...

I have some projects for other people to do as well. Including the tattoo for Logan that I said I'd design over thanksgiving break, and the Cat illustration for debbie's quilt that I also promised would be done months ago... This summer is going to be loaded with work...loaded!

But the good news is that classes are just about done. I'm finishing my Visualizing Physics class that was fun except for the group project which turned out to be a nightmare... (but it's done! book is bounded and we're turning it in today!) I just have two classes next week, one that I can't even go to because I've been called into court as a witness from a Loss Prevention case over a year ago...fun times...luckily my teacher is letting me come in on sunday to take it early. The other is tuesday morning. I'm not terribly worried about either of the tests...I'm actually quite confident that this semester went even better than last...which is awesome!

oh and there's also Bellydancing which I'll be picking up again over the summer. I seriously need to start working out more or just being more active and eating healthy in general. I need to undo what college has done to me!!! I miss my old clothes...

*shrugs* other than that...I don't know what else to say. just putting a lot out there...I know there's more going on in my head but it kinda scares me to think about everything I want to get done and the idea of not being able to is sad...lots of craziness coming up!

oh and one more thing! Alice in Wonderland: Mad Hatter Tea Party is still happening! just not last week...obviously...go finals! sometime mid or late summer it shall be glorious and fun! I'll keep this updated with how that's going once I can start it again...whee!

1 comment:

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

I hope you get to do everything you want to do....Enjoy your time while you have it!