Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spyhouse Haunt

Bryce and I are currently sitting at the Spyhouse Cafe by MCAD. This place seems to be our favorite new haunt where we get coffee and eclairs and draw or read or whatever floats our boat from 10ish to midnight when they close. I like it here, upbeat music, chill people and fantastic coffee. Life is good and homework is getting done. I'm done with Monday and Tuesday's homework already and mostly done with Wednesday's. I'm rocking it. Plus I started a painting today. The roommate's party inspired it because his friends seemed to like the old paintings I have lying around. So There shall be another painting posted here soon (hopefully).

I read something interesting today for my Media Analysis class. The article talked about how Google and the internet in general is making us "stupid", or at least making us change how we process our information. It also said that the internet is shortening our attention span, making us jump from one thing to another and only reading a few paragraphs if that, before changing topics entirely. I can attest to this for my own habits as well. Now that I think about it, it's a terrible truth about how the internet is affecting people and the neural networks in our brains. Frankly, it makes me want to read more to hopefully fix what's been damaged... The internet is a great thing but I'm seriously wondering about the negatives it's having on social interaction and mental processing.

I'll do my best to remember to post some work when I get home, although I'm probably going to turn in a little early-ish tonight since I didn't actually get to sleep until 5:30 this morning because of my lovely roommate and his lovely friends...but that's another story not fit for this blog...All I can say is three more months (perhaps less!) and I won't have to see this kid ever again and I will be so happy when that day comes...

1 comment:

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Where is the painting? I want to see it....demanding auntie...