Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reset

The big move is officially this Saturday. Bryce and I have a storage place set up for Saturday and we're enlisting the help of friends and family to help us tackle all that stuff. Then lots of cleaning to prepare for our final walk through on Sunday. I still have mixed feelings about having to leave this place. But overall I'm really optimistic about the chance to regain some financial footing.

My goal is to have my credit cards paid off, two of them canceled and cut up, leaving one for emergencies with a sizable chunk of money saved up as well. I've been really foolish with money and it has gotten out of hand, I'm ready for change and I'm going to tackle it.

In other news, my internship at Goody Beads wraps up next week. When I asked if they would decide to bring me on as a paid part of the workings upstairs, I was told not likely. I've heard this before and I felt slightly betrayed after all my hard work that went unpaid. Sure, MCAD is happy, having another box checked for my transcript, but where are the ethics and loyalty? Play on my inexperience and naive hopes, fine, but don't expect me to be thrilled to continue doing little illustrations for you here and there when you feel like it...

Ugg, but my frustrations lead me to looking on my schools career services site to discover a posting for Fast Horse Inc. a multi Media Design firm in Minneapolis that has a wonderful personality that resonates with me nicely. They are looking for a Design intern and they will pay $12 for one with hopes of them taking a full time position in the fall...I feel a little foolish to hope I can nab this job...but that doesn't change the fact that I'm hoping all the same.

Here's a little something I've been working on for Goody Beads, I'm quite happy with how she's turning out although it's a little bittersweet since I found out the unhappy news. I don't really want them to have her now...*sigh* oh well...that's life I guess.

1 comment:

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Life is hard Katie...you have to take the good with the bad. AND having a job is a very good thing right now. Most folks would kill for your job.

Cute character...but your own will be cuter.